Monday 17 June 2013

MUA vs NAKED palettes

Hi Everyone!


So today after work I have been out for drinks and dinner with my friend Pippa so haven't had much time to put a post together.. However, I did promise that I would do a comparison between my new MUA palette and the Urban Decay Naked palette, and I would hate to go back on my word....


Below are the colours from the two palettes- the MUA colours are on the left and the NAKED colours are on the right (it is the original Naked palette and not Naked 2). My initial impression was that the MUA colours are slightly less pigmented than the NAKED shades, and you can see from the pictures that the colours on the left are definitely fainter. However, a lot of the shades are actually really similar between the two palettes; Virgin by NAKED vs. Shy by MUA, Buck vs. Lavish, Half Baked vs. Devotion, Smog vs. Wink, Creep vs. Corrupt etc etc... 


They are not an exact match but both palettes contain some great neutral shades, and if I'm 100% honest I would probably be more likely to wear a lot of the MUA colours as they are lightweight and not quite so dramatic. Dark eye makeup for me is an area that I tread very carefully in as I find there is a fine line between seductive, smoky eye and hungover panda! Overall, I'm really happy with my purchase and for £4 I think it is well-worth investing in the MUA palette. I am going to try a few looks with it during the week and will update you on my progress, but I think this is a great beauty buy for everyday use.


Whilst I was out I also bought some fab new lipsticks from MAC which I can't wait to try! I got two colours- Costa Chic and Creme Cup- have you tried either of these? Would love to hear your thoughts!


Rosie x
Shades (L to R): Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal




Shades (Top L to R): Naked, Devotion, Shy, Fiery, Lavish, Dreamy
(Bottom L to R): Tranquil, Exposed, Reveal, Wink, Obsessed, Corrupt

No comments:

Post a Comment