Monday 24 June 2013

Lipstick Lovin'

Hi Everyone!

I hope you all had a splendid weekend- I know I did! On Saturday I treated myself to a cheeky manicure in the morning before having loads of friends over in the afternoon for a bit of a BBQ. The weather was a bit hit and miss but my lovely boyfriend put a gazebo up in our back garden to make sure it didn't rain on our parade. We had LOADS of food and it was really good to catch up with all of our nearest and dearest.

I just wanted to put a quick post in to tell you about my new MAC lipstick in Creme Cup. I mentioned in my blog last week that I bought this when I was out with my friend and I am in love with it already! I know it is not exactly a new shade, but for anyone that is looking for a nice, natural pink lip then this is fast becoming one of my favourites.

I am a bit lipstick-obsessed at the minute, and here is why. Last year I discovered one of my favourite lipstick shades OF ALL TIME- the Topshop Lip Crayon in colour Wave Goodbye. Sadly, Topshop are no longer producing this gorgeous shade and my original purchase is now very much on it's last legs....



RIP to Wave Goodbye... Boo hoo!
See what I mean?! I am completed heartbroken as it was such a gorgeous, natural pinky shade with a really nice, glossy finish. So now with what's left of my lovely Wave Goodbye lip crayon I am trying to find a suitable matching alternative.

So, Creme Cup came along. This is one of MAC's 'Cremesheen' lipsticks so is nice and glossy which I think I prefer in a lipstick rather than being overly matte. The colour is quite similar to my beloved Wave Goodbye, although I would say it is a slightly paler shade of pink- definitely more of a nude shade ('your lips but better!' kind of colour, as people say). I have been wearing it a lot over the past few days and I really do love it as an everyday lipstick, and I find that the creamy finish leaves my lips feeling really nice and soft. I have also had numerous compliments at work about it! Although I love it in its own right I'm afraid it hasn't quite lived up to my favourite Wave Goodbye crayon however, so as Roy Walker would say, 'It's good, but it's not the one...'.



MAC lipstick in Creme Cup


Ho hum, my quest to find the perfect replacement for Wave Goodbye continues, and I would love to hear your suggestions! I would definitely recommend Creme Cup and its already becoming a make-up bag regular for me, although unfortunately it just hasn't quite hit the mark to become my go-to perfect lipstick.

Also well worth a mention is another of my favourite shades at the moment- the Too Faced La Creme lipstick in 'Naked Dolly'. These lipsticks do not come cheap at £16 a pop, but Naked Dolly is well and truly one of my favourite nude lip shades for everyday, and the creamy texture makes it a real treat to wear!

Right, that's all from me today, but I would love to hear about your favourite natural lip colours and whether you have any suggestions of a good alternative to Wave Goodbye?! Have you tried any of the Too Faced lipsticks??

Rosie x

No comments:

Post a Comment