Wednesday 19 June 2013

L'Oreal Color Riche Lipstick Review

Hi Everyone!

How are you doing?! I am SUFFERING- my hayfever has been absolutely unbearable for the last few days and it's making my life miserable! I can't tell you the amount of eye drops, tissues, nasal sprays, vapour rubs and hayfever tablets that I've got through since Monday, but suffice to say that it's a lot and nothing seems to be working!!! Are any of you fellow hayfever sufferers? I would LOVE to hear about any magical remedies you might have!

So whilst I've been feeling pretty rough and my nose has been redder than Rudolph, I have also been trying out this L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Intense lipstick in colour 371: Pink Passion. I loved this lipstick when I saw it in Boots, and the packaging recommends that it is suitable for brunette colouring so I thought I'd give it a try.

The Color Riche range is described by L'Oreal as a 'lip pampering luxury' as the lipsticks are enriched with Vitamin E and Omega-3 oils to prevent your lips from drying out. I have to say that in that respect the lipstick was very good- it felt quite soft and glossy on the lips but the colour was still very striking without having to build it up with multiple applications. However, I did find that in wearing this lipstick for work I was having to reapply very frequently- every 30 mins or so- and by late afternoon I was looking such a state that I abandoned it completely (admittedly, the hayfever may also have played a part in this...).

Overall I was not convinced about the colour- it is a sort of coral red that looked wonderful until I actually put it on. This is not to say that this is any fault of the product itself, more that I wasn't convinced that the shade really suited me, and despite it being a 'brunette' shade I felt the colour could work equally well on other colouring, and for blondes possibly better. Add to that the fact that my lips are not exactly my best feature (they are rather thin and flat), and I am not sure that I will get a lot of use out of this lipstick in future.

However, it was not all bad. Although Pink Passion was not exactly my cup of tea, I do think that the L'Oreal Color Riche range leaves lips beautifully moisturised and glossy-looking, so would definitely be prepared to try out some of their other shades. I also have to say that I did rather like the smell, which was quite sweet and reminded me of Parma Violets as I put it on- yummy!

What do you think? Have you tried any of the other Color Riche shades?!

Rosie x





Colour Riche Lipstick by L'Oreal in shade 371 (Pink Passion)

I hate taking selfies!! Feel sooo silly and never know what to do with my face!

An attempt at a close-up (sorry for the poor picture quality)


No comments:

Post a Comment