Sunday 16 June 2013

Some Summer Faves...

The first thing I wanted to share from my summer beauty haul is this new Anti-blemish Skin Clearing Primer from Witch. I bought this on promotion in Superdrug for about £4, and it is brilliant! It comes out as quite a thick, cloudy gel which I prefer to some of the watery primers which I’ve tried. It glides on beautifully and leaves your skin with a really smooth surface that’s perfect for applying make-up!

Personally I probably wouldn’t wear this primer alone as it doesn’t really reduce redness in the skin, but as a base for applying foundation I would really recommend it, especially if you are prone to oily skin. I have been in denial about my oily skin for AGES but since using this I’ve really seen a difference to how long my makeup lasts- I don’t even bother bringing my makeup bag into work anymore as I know my foundation will stay put all day! A cheap and cheerful primer that has become one of my makeup essentials!



My makeup saviour!!

The second product I wanted to show you was this Bronzing Makeup Base by Chanel. I have wanted to try this product for AGES ever since I saw Tanya Burr use it in one of her videos last year. It is basically a bronzing ‘mousse’ that you apply with a brush just as you would a normal bronzing powder.

It comes in one colour which I was happy to see is not too dark and can be very subtle if you apply lightly. Personally I have been using Real Techniques Buffing Brush to just gently blend it across my cheekbones and temples which gives a very natural looking glow.

It is not cheap at £31 a go but I got mine during House of Fraser’s 15% off event and I would say its well worth the money. The ‘mousse’ is quite firm and easy to use and even though the pot may not look massive (30g) you don’t need to use much at a time so I can imagine it will last you for a while.

Have you tried it? Let me know what you think!





Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base- sorry about the gross makeup brush hairs!

LOVE <3

Finally, I also picked up this awesome palette by MUA yesterday for only £4! Haven’t had chance to have a proper play with it yet but it’s called Undress Me Too and it is roughly based on the Urban Decay ‘Naked’ palettes. I will try it out and do a bit of a comparison in my next post when I’ve got more time!! Laters, Rosie x



MUA palette in Undress Me Too- more to follow!!



1 comment:

  1. I did a review on the witch primer check it uout!

    katiesworld-ofbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete