Wednesday 17 July 2013

Liebster Award!

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday I got nominated for a Liebster Award by the wonderful Emily at What Em Loves and I'm absolutely thrilled! If you have been following my page then you will know that I am pretty new to this blogging lark, and it means so much to me to receive some recognition from my fellow bloggers and to feel like I'm not just sending my ramblings out into the endless aether that is the internet. Thank you so much to Emily for nominating me, and if you have not yet checked out her blog then you definitely should!

So, what is this 'Liebster Award' I hear you ask?

The Liebster Award is an award for young blogs with less than 200 followers. The nominees are chosen by other bloggers that have also been nominated for the award, and is a great way to share new blogs with the rest of the blogging community. There are a few rules though that all of the nominees must stick to, and they are as follows:

Rule 1) You must link back to the person that nominated you.
Rule 2) Post 11 random facts about yourself.
Rule 3) You must answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
Rule 4) You must then pick 11 bloggers (with under 200 followers) to be nominated.
Rule 5) You must come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
Rule 6) You must let your nominees know that they've been nominated on their blog.
Sounds easy enough! Let's give it a go..

11 Random Facts About Me:

1) I've had a weird fear of seaweed ever since my brother pushed me out of a dinghy and into a load of it when we were kids.
2) My car is nicknamed The Cranberry.
3) I bruise like a peach- I rarely manage a day without finding a new one.
4) I sometimes bite my nails.
5) I am a total shopaholic, to the point that it's almost scary.
6) I was the Star of Bethlehem in my Reception year nativity play.
7) I passed my Grade 1 Fencing exam at secondary school (as in the sport, not the act of putting up fences!)
8) I dream pretty much every night- and they're usually pretty weird.
9) My favourite childhood toy was a cuddly killer whale from Seaworld called Shamu.
10) My boyfriend is probably a better cook than I am..
11) But I win hands down in the baking department!

Emily's Questions:

1) What is your favourite season for fashion?
This is an easy one for me- it has to be Spring/Summer. I love Summer clothes even if I don't get much of an opportunity to wear them, and always end up stocking up on loads of bold prints, bright colours and bikinis that will only get 1 wear and then spend the rest of their lives forgotten at the back of my underwear drawer.

2) Chocolate or sweets?
Chocolate every time (although I do love Haribo Tangfastics!). I'm the sort of person that will always choose the most sickly, chocolatey thing on the dessert menu.

3) Is there a beauty rule that you preach but don't practice?
Good question! I try not to preach things I don't practice but there are plenty of beauty rules I don't follow. For example, I am terrible at using toner and rarely bother with it if I'm honest! Also, I always pluck above my eyebrows- cardinal sin I know!

4) What is your favourite eye cream?
Clinique Even Better Eyes is great for evening out dark circles after a heavy night, or Garnier Eye Roll-on for eyecare with an inbuilt concealer. Benefit Erase Paste is without a doubt my favourite concealer for the general eye area though (sorry, not an eye cream I know!).

5) When do you feel most relaxed?
Probably at home with my feet up, a glass of wine and a bit of Eastenders. Actually, Eastenders is not particularly relaxing is it?! A good film maybe instead. I always feel really relaxed at my parents' house as well; preferably in the garden in the sunshine.

6) Where is your favourite place to shop?
This is such a difficult one! I love Zara, H&M and ASOS for clothes- if ASOS had a store I'd probably never leave. For makeup I love Boots obviously, or else just wandering around the beauty counters at House of Fraser or Debenhams. I allow myself 1 or 2 new Topshop purchases a month, and I love to browse brands like Sandro, Carvela, Reiss and Ted Baker.

7) How many make-up products do you use on a daily basis?
I did a post recently called 'How Much Does Your Face Cost' which showed me just how many products I use on a normal day! Today I'm using primer, foundation, 2 types of concealer, eyeshadow, bronzer, highlighter, blush, eyebrow powder, mascara, eyeliner, lipbalm and lipstick- phew! It sounds like a lot but I'm not someone who won't step outside without a full face of makeup on.

8) What are your favourite type of blogposts to read?
Another good question! My favourite type would be reviews of new products so I can plan what to get my hands on next, but I've also picked up so many great tips and hidden gems since I started blogging. I read a fantastic post about how to clean your makeup brushes recently- things like that are really useful. I'm also really into nail art posts at the moment.

9) How did you come up with your blog name?
I wish I had a great answer to this one, but I don't. I wanted something that reflected me, and the fact that these are my own thoughts and opinions. Everything that you read on my blog is a reflection of me, so that's how I came up with It's All Just Rosie.

10) What made you want to start blogging?
I'd been wanting to start a blog for ages but just lacked the commitment to see it through. It's quite tough at the start when you have no followers to keep that momentum going, but following other bloggers like Chloe Morello and Tanya Burr was so inspiring to me and I knew I had to give it a go or be forever kicking myself!

11) Would you rather... Never paint your nails or never wear lipstick/gloss?
I'd rather never paint my nails! I have a huge lipstick collection and the thought of never using any of them again doesn't bear thinking about. I often leave my nails au naturel (mostly out of pure laziness) but my lips?! NEVER!

I hope you enjoyed reading my responses! Now, onto my nominations:

By Lauren J - A blog that combines beauty, lifestyle and cooking- what's not to love?!
Lizzie at Lux Rose - An awesome fashion blog, love Lizzie's style!
Kat at Made Up by Make Up - Beautiful make-up posts and tutorials
Anna at The Life of a Fashion Nerd - Anna blogs about all sorts and her blog is so pretty!
Emma at The Brunette Beauty Blogger - A make-up and beauty blog for the best drugstore products
Pretty Gloss -  A lifestyle and beauty blog with loads of great reviews and gorgeous photos
Sophie at Miss Sophie Rose - Great lifestyle blog, I love reading what Sophie's been up to!
Sorry that there is only 7 but it took me sooo long to choose and unfortunately some of my other nominations had already received the Liebster Award.

So ladies, my questions to you are:
1) How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
2) What has been your best blogging experience so far?
3) What would be your perfect meal?
4) What would your 1 piece of advice be to other new bloggers?
5) What is your all-time favourite foundation?
6) Who would you most like to be stuck in a lift with?
7) What is your most prized possession?
8) Which do you buy more of- shoes or jewellery?
9) What haircare products do you use?
10) How would your friends describe your style?
11) What is top of your bucket list?

Thanks to all of my nominees for making such awesome blogs that I love to read, I look forward to checking out your answers!

Rosie x


2 comments:

  1. congrats!! we love summer and sping fashion too! even n wnter we find ourselves buying summery clothing

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Rosie! Love this post and your blog! I'm the same - I dream of an ASOS store opening one day - it would be AMAZING!!! xx emsypickle xx

    emsypickle.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete