Sunday 18 August 2013

Product Review- Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation


In natural daylight
Close-Up
With indoor lighting

Hi Everyone,

Today I have been trialing my new Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation which I received courtesy of my lovely friend Sarah at Revlon (thank you Sarah if you're reading this!). This foundation is not available in the UK but is a big seller across the pond, and having read some rave reviews online I was dying to try it.

Revlon claim that this foundation offers 'All day flexible wear without flaking, caking or feeling heavy'. The texture is described as 'mousse-like' although I have to say it was quite different from what I was expecting. Having tried Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse I was expecting something similar in terms of feel, but this is a much thicker, liquid formula that I would liken to thick, whipped cream.

I was given the shade 'Buff' which honestly is a little bit lighter than I would normally choose for myself, although having tried it I was soon won over. Usually I opt for yellow-based or neutral foundations to offset the red in my skin tone, and in the pot this foundation looked very dull, almost grey in colour which did put me off a bit initially. Once I'd warmed it up with a bit of blush and bronzer though I really liked the finished look, and it certainly doesn't feel heavy or caked on despite the thick texture.

Overall I am really impressed with this foundation. It has great staying power and is very light and comfortable on the skin. I can also imagine it would work with most skin types as it is very matte without being drying. The coverage is light to medium and this will probably become a make-up bag staple for me during Winter when I'm a bit paler. Sadly Revlon will not be releasing this lovely foundation in the UK so us Brits will have to either stock up the next time we're Stateside (which for me is not very often!) or else turn to Ebay where you can pick up a pot for about £10. If you are a fan of lighter coverage and want a long-lasting, everyday foundation then I would definitely recommend giving this one a try- let me know if it works for you as well!

Rosie x

P.S. There is still time to enter my giveaway to win a haul of Revlon goodies- just click on the link here!




1 comment:

  1. OMG I have been dying to try this too but haven't been able to get my hands on it in the uk! Your so lucky! and it looks gorge on the pics too. It's a shame they won't be releasing it over here *sigh*

    Siobhan x

    www.glitter-x-couture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete