Sunday 29 September 2013

This Month's Empties


Hi Everyone,

Firstly I need to apologise as I have been a very bad blogger this week. I have been so busy with work that I just couldn't bring myself to organise a new blog post, so I'm sorry for the radio silence since last weekend. On another note, I've now reached 250 followers which I'm absolutely over the moon about! Hello and thank you to all of my followers (new and old)- I promise to try and post more regularly from now on!

Today's post is one of those 'empties' post where I let you know the products that I love sooo much that I've used every last drop/squeeze/spray. I seem to have finished everything around the same time this month which is strange but also a bit annoying for my wallet! The products in this post are a few of my absolute faves that I will definitely be repurchasing.

The first product is the Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Penetrating Oil for hair. Firstly, to state the obvious; the one in this photo is clearly not empty. I did finish this product but must have thrown the packaging away as I can't find it anywhere, and this has become such an essential to my hair routine that I repurchased immediately. I have had to put the newer one in this photo, but let's just pretend that it's empty! This oil is very thick and more serum-like than many Moroccan/Argan Oil products that I've tried, and I love to slather it onto the ends of my wet hair for a lovely soft, glossy feel. It is quite reasonably priced at £6.99 and a little goes a long way. As someone that regularly suffers from dry, split ends from endless hair colouring this product has done a lot to make my hair a lot smoother, glossier and more healthy-looking.

My second empty is the Garnier 2-in-1 Make-Up Remover Purifying Gel. I have mentioned this product before and it is a favourite of mine for effectively removing make-up in one simple step. It is essentially a face wash that is able to remove even stubborn waterproof mascara, and I love using this product when I'm feeling lazy as it feels like I have removed my make-up without spending too much time on it. I usually follow with either Bioderma Micellar Solution or Clearasil Rapid Action Pads to make sure my skin is squeaky clean.

I also finished my Witch Anti-Blemish Skin Clearing Primer this month. This had become such a make-up staple for me since I first discovered it a few months ago as it contains ingredients to prevent spots whilst still keeping make-up in place all day. In its place I have been using the Roche Posay Effaclar Duo which I find also works well as a base under make-up, but I will definitely be re-purchasing Witch's very reasonably priced primer.

The V05 Smoothly Does It Tame & Shine Spray has been a favourite of mine for a while. It is my secret weapon when blow-drying as I find it leaves my hair super shiny and soft with minimal frizz. I usually spray this on dry hair just before straightening, and it even contains ingredients to protect hair against high temperatures from hair straighteners. I would be lost without this product (not to mention frizzy!) so I will be repurchasing very soon.

Clarins' Eau des Jardins perfume is my all time favourite scent and the one that I tend to use for everyday. It has a very fruity, floral scent, which sort of reminds me of grapefruit, and I have yet to find a scent which tops it. I have used this one down to the very last drop, but I already have a new one on the go which lives in my handbag for emergency spritzes.

MAC's Strobe Cream is a product that I have had for AGES- so long that I think they've actually changed the packaging now- and I've finally finished it. I really loved this product at first but then seemed to forget about it and it lived, unloved, in a drawer somewhere. I rediscovered it again recently and have been getting a lot of use out of it again. I like to use this product under foundation as a subtle highlighter, or mixed into blushes to give a subtle glow. Now that I have finished it I am going to try a new highlighter for comparison purposes, but I am sure I will be repurchasing this again at some point.

Finally, the lipstick that I am obsessed with- Topshop's Lip Crayon in Wave Goodbye. I won't go on about this too much as you can read my rave reviews of this in previous posts, but I would give this lipstick the rare label of My Favourite Lipstick Ever. I can't remember ever using a lipstick right down to the very bottom before, but I have already bought two more of these to see me through the winter. This lipstick is a pinky nude shade and very glossy. The packaging is a little messy but I'm willing to overlook that because I just love this product so much! It is back on the shelves after a brief spell of being unavailable, so I would recommend giving it a go if you haven't already.

Phew, this ended up being quite a long post! I hope you enjoyed reading about my September empties and as always please feel free to leave me a comment below on any of the products mentioned or with any recommendations for me!

Rosie x

12 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm always looking for new lipsticks so I think I'll be giving the Topshop ones a try! Love the look of Wave Goodbye! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love their lipsticks, there are still loads of them that I want to try!

      Rosie x

      Delete
  2. Also loving that hair oil!! Use that myself and love the results!!
    Lianne | TheBrunetteSays...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg yes it has saved my hair from being a complete frazzled mess! I use it religiously now :)

      Rosie x

      Delete
  3. Thanks a lot for sharing this, it would be easier to read if there were more photos =)

    I want to invite you to enter my Glitter Bunny Nail Polish Giveaway!
    Enter Here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh lovely thanks- I will definitely check it out!

      Rosie x

      Delete
  4. I need to try that lipstick, am loving Topshop ones at the moment! I've nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award :) More details are on my blog post http://teaandpost.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/the-versatile-bloggers-award.html

    Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow thank you so much! I will definitely take a look at that! Let me know if there are any other good Topshop shades that you think I should try, I am so stuck in my ways at the moment!

      Rosie x

      Delete
  5. hey there!
    lovely blog here! I absolutely loooooove the argan oil, it does miracles for skin as well!
    happy to follow you and if you'd like, check out my blog as well and feel free to comment / follow and/or leave some advice.
    congrats on your (now) 251 followers :)

    xoxo
    kat

    http://fashioninspirationdaily.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I will certainly check out your blog and leave you a comment :)

      Rosie x

      Delete
  6. Eau De Jardins is one of my favourite scents too, i brought it at the duty free section in the airport before i went on holiday last year and it fills me with so many good memories when i wear it and i love it for that reason, it just smells BEAUTIFUL :)

    www.frankiebooblog.com


    Frankie xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it is such a lovely Summery scent! It brightens my day every time :)

      Rosie x

      Delete